John Lippmann owned the most popular book club in 2012. However, owing this was very risky for him, because it had lost its popularity and many members go away in some other book’s club. He changed everything and used his work ability and ideas to make it successful.
Who was John Lippmann?
John worked as an executive in a firm Evergreen Copyright which had music-rights. He became the owner of a well known book club only at the age of 43. He had worked before for Lehmann brother’s company. He was selected for this book club, “Book of the Month Club” to enhance its position.
What are the most appropriate actions taken by Lippmann?
- Lipmann became successful because he decided what he required to do and what not. He has great knowledge in books. A number of books were old, but interesting and, thus he generated them through online and attracted customers.
- A few books were outdated, and they could not be replaced. So, John did not make list of those books.
- He also talks to the writers and popular editors to have regular supply of books for the customers and to increase the supply.
- He gathered all possible information and then started working on it.
- He made proper calculation and keep minimum charge for people for purchasing it.
- He spent a lot of time in making strategies to apply.
- He shut down in 2012 and adjusted the members in some other clubs.
After reopening this club, he did all work. In 2015 an unbelievable outcome was in front of all at the end of 2016. He earned more than two million just in a year through subscribers. He has a target of more than ten million in the current year.
So, people say that John Lippman has taken the most suitable steps for his book club to return back its popularity.